The Nyadi Hydropower Project is a run-of-river type project, located in Lamjung District of Western Development Region of Nepal. The entire component from intake to powerhouse are located within the Ward no. 6 of Marsyangdi Rural Municipality, Lamjung District.
The project has an installed capacity of 30 MW and will generate 168.55 GWh of energy annually. The gross head of the project is 334.4 m and design discharge of the project is 11.08 m3/s. The generated power will be connected to a proposed NEA’s Hub (Khudi Hub) that will be constructed at Marsyangdi corridor. An about 14m diversion dam has been designed to construct across the Nyadi River to divert water from intake to underground settling basin and the water is conveyed through about 4000 m long headrace tunnel and 745 m long penstock pipe. A surface powerhouse is being constructed on the right bank of Nyadi River at the Thulobeshi. About 520 m long adit tunnels which include Adit 1 (Flushing Tunnel), Adit 2 (Naiche Adit), and Penstock Tunnel have been constructed. Surge shaft has been constructed near the end of the headrace tunnel having diameter of 5.0 m and 35 m height.
Hydro-Consult Engineering Limited (HCEL) has been appointed as the Employer’s Representative for this project. Debt arrangement for the Project has been made under the joint Consortium of member banks (Lead by Everest Bank Ltd., Co-lead Nabil Bank Ltd. and Global IME Bank Ltd, and other member banks are Himalayan Bank Ltd, Sunrise Bank Ltd, Hydropower Investment and Development Co. Ltd.). The EPC contact has been awarded to the Contractor M/S Zhejiang Hydropower Construction & Installation Co. Ltd (ZHCIC) and working on the project since January 16, 2017 and is scheduled to be completed by April 5, 2020.
As of end of January 2020, the Contractor Zhejiang Hydropower Construction and Installation Co, Ltd. (ZHCIC) has accomplished the following construction works:
- Construction of Distributary Structure.
- The 300-meter-long Diversion Tunnel with its concreted inlet and outlet is in operation now ie. water is diverting through Diversion Tunnel.
- Construction of Coffer Dam has also been completed.
- Concreting of dam is ongoing. Curtain walls intake tunnel is completed.
- Excavation of all underground works for Access tunnels, adit tunnels, headrace tunnel, settling basin, surge shaft, ventilation tunnel and connecting tunnel has been completed.
- Penstock fabrication completed and laying is ongoing.
- River protection works and construction of tailrace have been completed.
- Concreting works of powerhouse completed and structural component of hydro-mechanical and Electromechanical joints and casings completed.
- Transmission line is under construction.
- Employer’s permanent housing completed and under operation.
- Access Roads connection to project sites has been completed.
NHL has been carrying on the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) works for the project affected people as per the demand of local people recommended by Upper Nyadi Hydropower Co-operation and Concerned Committee (The Sarokar Samiti) for Nyadi Hydropower Project (NHP).
Nyadi Hydropower Limited
Ganga Devi Marg – 313, Buddhanagar, Kathmandu
Tel: +977-1-4781776, 4785295
Website : http://nhl.com.np/